We went to Gatlinburg, TN a couple of weekends ago and it was quite an experience. The city of Gatlinburg is basically one street lined with shop after shop after shop of the same junk, but of course, knowing m and me... we had to go in every one!!! To get fueled up for all that shopping we ate at a place called "The Pancake Pantry"... OMG!!!!! I had the best pancakes... yes, they were 12 million calories, but a true party in my mouth.... YUM YUM!!! Later that day I even convinced mom to ride a ski lift up the hill to get a bird's eye view of Gatlinberg... Definitely worth it, although she was hating every minute of it, but made it to the top and back down... I was very proud... The view was amazing...
That night we had decided to stay in Pigeon Forge at a place called "The National Parks Resort Lodge" (sounds nice, doesn't it?) They had a deal that you could go to dinner and a show for a deal... Well, we checked in and got to our room and immediately turned around and left... Talk about false advertising....."Extra Large Rooms and Log furnishing"... MY ASS!!!! You truly get what you pay for... for $49.95 a night the room was a shithole!!!! It was so nasty we turned and burned so fast they didn't know what hit them. Finally we found a Hampton Inn that was great... Of course, we had to smuggle our 4 dogs in... yes, I said 4... mom has 2, I have 2... a real circus let me tell ya..... But, we got all settled and headed out to our "nice" dinner and "Tennessee ShinDig" show.... WOW.. The dinner was comparable to "The Golden Trough".. I mean Golden Corral and the show was so bad we left after the first act... We didn't need to go to Pigeon Forge to see a bunch of hillbillies perform.. all we need to do is step outside our front door here in Corbin....
It was a fun weekend all in all... Something to definitely remember... Don't know that I will ever go back, but hey... you gotta try everything once, right??
Last weekend we took another road trip to Asheville, NC. WOW, talk about beautiful!!! We drove through the smoky mountains to get there and even though nothing was blooming yet it was still gorgeous!!! We toured the Biltmore House and were truly awed.. It is the largest house in America and was so huge it took us all day to get through it. We really enjoyed the Asheville area and mom even thought it would be a good place to live....
This weekend I am getting ready to go to Bristol, TN for the NASCAR race... WHOO HOO!!! I am so excited. My cousin, Duke, is flying in from Montana today and we are heading out tomorrow. So, stay posted... Maybe my next post will be from Dale Jr's motor-coach... hee hee...

No comments:
Post a Comment