Tuesday, March 31, 2009

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!!

I went to Bristol, TN for a NASCAR race the weekend of March 21-22. My cousin, Duke flew in from Montana to go with me. A friend at work hooked me up with some tickets and some original, down home moonshine... WOO WEE.. that stuff is SERIOUS!! Duke and I took one sip and it gave a new meaning to "Fire in the Hole!!!" We pretty much stuck to beer the rest of the weekend. Saturday when we got there, we checked into our room.. we rented a room in a person's house about a mile and a half from the track. We didn't want to have to drive, and with the short notice, it was as close as I could get. People actually rent out bedrooms in their house to people like us who come to the race, and some of them stay, but our owners left for the weekend. It was kinda weird, but, hey, all we needed was a bed and a shower, right??? So after we got settled, we headed for the track and took in the Nationwide race. We had a great time and afterwards, shopped at all of the booths lining the streets. It was like a huge block party... We had a blast. That night we definately "got our drink on.." Hee hee... We got up early Sunday and headed back to the track. A bunch of people from work were going to meet us there as we all had tickets together. We made it down to where they were filming "NASCAR Raceday" and tried to get on TV, but I don't think they put us on.. We were right in the middle of it, though.. but I think the guy wearing a zebra striped dress and high heels aced us out of our 15 minutes of fame... We met up with my friends from work and headed to our seats. The race was great, however, it could have used a few more wrecks... Afterwards, since we were staying the night and a friend and his wife from work wanted to let the traffic clear out, we walked around and watched the people. I realized that Duke could make friends with anyone when he started chatting up some random guy at his campsite about hunting. We had to literally drag him away from this guy and his CRAZY wife...Then, to top it all off, the beer stands were closed, so ol' Duke came to the rescue and asked some guy if he would sell us his beer and he had had enough, so he sold us his whole cooler full... SWEET!!! That Duke, he is such a hoot!!! We had a blast!!! We spent the night and headed back to Lexington on Monday so he could catch his plane back to Montana. The weekend was a TOTAL success and I am so glad I did it. Next, I want to go to a race in Talladega and do Speed Week in Daytona.... Yeah!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment