Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On my own again....

Well, after a year of traveling with me, my mom had decided to move back to Arizona and get some normalcy back in her life. This "gypsie-thing" was not her bag. We had a fun year, though, and I am so glad we did it. Getting her car packed, well, that is another story.. You see, I came to California with just my car full of stuff... yes, it was packed on the verge of busting open, but hey, it all fit... Then mom met up with me in California.. She too, had just a car full... Somehow, in the 3 months we were in California, our stuff decided to be like rabbits and just magically multiplied!! So much, that I had to buy a 6 X 8 enclosed trailer just to get our crap outta there. So, we have been hauling a trailer around since then.. She says it is all my stuff, I say it is all hers.. Well.. last week when she was packing up, she had to make a couple of trips to UPS to ship stuff home. Then D Day came on Sunday when we tried to cram everything else into her car... She had bought a Rooftop bag that we were going to put extra stuff in, but we soon realized that we were 2 roof racks short of a load to make it work... Thank GOD.. because I didn't know how we were going to get the crap up onto the roof in the first place, and she FOR SURE was going to have a hell of a time getting it off.. A friend of mine had suggested the night before a rack-thingy that you put on the back trailer hitch and pile stuff on that. So, we headed to trusty ol' Walmart and picked up a rack. Luckily, a couple of friends from work were there.. (not much to do around here on a Sunday afternoon..) and they agreed to come over and help us put it together... Good thing, because we would still be trying to put the damn thing together. So, we got it all together and mounted on her hitch and loaded up. We wrapped it all up with a tarp to keep any rain out... It was then that my friend's boyfriend piped up saying that it might not be good to leave that sitting out like that 'cuz 'round here people just help themselves...(we totally live in the GHETTO!!!) Well, mom was leaving at the crack ass of dawn and none of us wanted to unload it and reload in the morning, so we took our chances... As it turns out, nothing was bothered and she left the next morning and should be almost to Arizona by now. I will miss her as we had a great year and it was fun to have her around and to get to explore new areas together.. even if one assignment was in Phoenix in the middle of summer... UUGGHH!! So, now it is just me and my 2 dogs, Bailey and Moco. I left them home today for the first time by theirselves and I hope they are OK.. I was going to lock them in the kitchen for the day, but they were both sacked out on the bed when I left, so I took my chances... Hope all is well there.....ZOIKS!!! I kept the curtains closed because Moco thinks he is a big, tough, cat killer and goes CRAZY whenever he sees the cats outside. Hopefully he hasn't scratche dthe door down... Wish me luck!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment