My apartment is OK, smells terribly like smoke, but a little elbow grease and 4 air purifiers and it is livable. Apparently smoking is big here as there are roadside drive-through smoke stores all alongside the road.. GREAT!! Can't get a Starbucks for 80 miles but sure can get a pack of Camels!!! The people that live above me have a little kid that likes to jump around and bounce his ball all the time... I am about ready to go bounce him right outta here.... SERIOUSLY... But, other than that, not bad...
I live in a town (Corbin) that is actually 10 miles from the town that the hospital is in, (London), and it is SMALL!! However, I live real close to the original Kentucky Fried Chicken Cafe.. RIGHT ON!! Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!!! There is a WALMART here and a Super K-Mart.. oh yeah, I found the mall..it is a store called JC Penneys.. yep that's right!!!
Last weekend I toured around and saw both of the towns in 30 minutes.. But I stopped at the tourist center and picked up a bunch of brochures. I think there is a lot to do near by. Lexington is 80 miles to the north and Knoxville, TN is 80 miles to the south. I plan on taking in the Kentucky Derby and a NASCAR race in Bristol, TN.
The people here are real nice... especially at the hospital.. We are very busy. By the time I leave I think we will have cathed everyone in the surrounding 4 counties!!! The people have taken me under their wings, telling me where to go and not to go due to "too red-neck"...WHOA.. and they are teaching me how to talk.. My phrase for today is: "Is it any count ya reckon?" Which means: " do you think it is any good" . I have also learned that they are big into church here. We say a prayer every day before we start work...
I called to get my cable TV and internet set up as soon as I got here but couldn't get an appointment until the 19th. due to the ice storms and all the techs being in Lexington fixing stuff. SO.. I have NO TV, not even local, and NO internet... Luckily, someone near me has an unprotected wireless router and I am able to hop on.. I have been having to watch TV from the internet and have been reading ALOT!!
My mom is on her way here from Phoenix and she should arrive this weekend. I am sure that we will find stuff to keep us occupied, we always have the Wii...
Check back and I will keep ya up on all my adventures!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment