Wednesday, February 11, 2009

WHOA!!!  The last week has been pretty uneventful until today. I work in a Cath Lab that is in the basement of the hospital. We were just doing our thing today and they called a "Code Grey" overhead which means a tornado warning.. no big deal, we went on with our business. About an hour later, they called a "Code Black" which means tornado watch. Apparently a huge storm was brewing outside. They evacuated the everyone except patients and their nurses to the basement (right outside our lab). We had a patient in the room, luckily the cath was done, but we had to hold him there as the elevators were shut down. This lasted about an hour... a couple of us snuck out to look outside and it was pretty nasty... I really thought I might be making a trip to OZ!!! But, finally, the storm moved on and they lifted it and we got outta there!!! That is a first that I have ever had to evacuate due to a tornado and I must say it was pretty SWEET!!!! WOOO HOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment