I am here in Los Angeles working at Children's Hospital of Los Angeles. It has been a short assignment, only 8 weeks long, but full of fun...
I have been having a BALL here in Hollywood. My apartment is AWESOME!!! It isn't the nicest apartment that I have lived in BY FAR... the building is really old and a little shabby, but the manager is so nice, the apartment, although small is very cute and cozy and perfect for the dogs... The location is perfect!!! I am just 1/2 a block from Hollywood Avenue right behind the Kodak Theater. I just walk over there and people watch. I have seen the Prince of Persia movie premiere and saw Jake Gyllenhall in person walk the red carpet... VERY CUTE!!! I saw the premiere of The A-Team... they had the whole street closed off and Bradley Cooper arrived in a tank and they had an A-Team helicopter circling that I thought was going to land in the street.. It was COOL!!! My mom has been here 3 times and I have managed to see most of the touristy things. When the Phoenix Suns were playing the Lakers, we went down by the Staples Center and had dinner at ESPN Zone and watched the crazy people and the game. We tried to get into see Jimmy Kimmel Live, but they were sold out... We even found out where the Playboy Mansion was and drove by.. didn't spot Hef or any of the Playmates, tho... Darn!! The only thing I have to do is I want to take a city tour.. They have the Hop On Hop Off ones that I will probably take.
My job is amazing!!! I LOVE it!! The people are all so nice. There are 3 girl nurses, 2 full time, one part time, all working 10 hour shifts, so there are usually 2 nurses in the lab every day. There are 2 other techs. The one just came back from knee surgery. They are both men, 55-60 years old, and, well, not all that "spunky". The one that was left with me, Oliver, is pretty set in his ways, but I won him over somehow and the girls want to know my secret cuz he hasn't been this happy at work in a long time... hee hee.. who knows!!! Now that the other guy is back, there are 3 of us there each day cuz we work 8 hour shifts.. We usually do 2-3 cases a day, (they usually run 2-3 hours a piece, sometimes takes an hour for an IV and access...), but they are getting a new group of doctors starting in July or August and they want to run 2 rooms. They are building a new hospital that is set to open next year. There has been a third tech position open for over a year and they tried REALLY hard to recruit me as they saw me as new blood and would add a little pep to the ol' men... As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't afford it... I tried to get them to keep me on as a traveler, but the manager said they couldn't afford me. BUMMER!!!!!
Soooo.. I got another assignment at UC Irvine in Interventional Radiology. It is a 26 week assignment and it will take me through the first of the year. I am hoping by then Children's will realize they really need me and will take me back as a traveler. My last day at Children's is July 9 and I start at UC Irvine July 12. I found a really cute apartment in Orange. I was going to try to live on the Beach in Newport Beach, but couldn't make it to the hospital in 30 minutes as I will be on call quite a bit.
Also since I have been here, I have joined LA Fitness as there is a gym 3 blocks away. I even bit the bullet and got a personal trainer and OMG.. he is HOT!!! Hottie Watch 2010 DEFINITELY!!! I hate to work out but LOVE to go see him 3 times a week!!! I am so sad that I am moving away and had to break up with him tonight... I asked him if he would come to the OC to train me and he said he would for $80 an hour... Well, as hot as he is.. there is an LA Fitness close to the hospital and I am going to try to find a hot trainer there to "inspire" me... I will miss my Joshie, tho...
So, this is my last weekend in Hollywood. I am very sad to leave.. I am sure, tho that the OC will be fun as well.....

No comments:
Post a Comment