Thursday, July 30, 2009

SLACKER!!!

Holy crap.... where does the time go?? My mom keeps telling me I need to update my blog and I didn't realize how long it has been... Sorry... Well, I am no longer in the shit hole they call Kentucky. I left there the first part of May and headed out west. I made a pit stop in Phoenix to see my mom and take care of a little business. Amazingly, I was able to downsize and sell the trailer!!! YIPPEE!!! I then headed back to Santa Clara, California where I am working at a hospital here that I worked at last year. The road trip went well except when I lost my bike off the back of my car TWICE in Palm Springs. Here I am, just tooling down the road, and this lady comes up beside me and starts waving her hands and pointing back... so, I pull over (mind you I am on the side of the interstate in the windiest part of Palm Springs) and here is my poor bike hanging by it's front tire. How long it was like that, who knows.... So, I strap it back on and head out again. FIVE minutes later, another lady flags me down... this time I had to pull over on the left side of the freeway and looking back, that wasn't probably the smartest thing to do. My butt was puckering as I was hoping somebody wouldn't plow me over... Once again, my bike was hanging by the front tire. The strap on the bike rack had broken and so I put it back on the best I could and had to find the nearest store and bought a bunch of bungee cords and strapped it in place... Very well, as it took me 20 minutes just to get it off of there when I got here!!! Needless to say, I am in the market for a new bike rack!!! I have alot of friends here and we are a very social group, so there is always something planned... hence the lack of blog additions. I am living in an apartment that I swear is on the runway of the airport... all day long I get to hear the roar of planes taking off.. thank GOD I work alot!! I am currently looking for a new place as we speak. I have extended here until the first part of the year, so I DEFINITELY need to move... Work has been keeping me on my toes as we are a very busy lab. The weather has been fantastic!!! I have been so busy I haven't even had a chance to go golfing... I did, however, take the dogs on their inaugural bike ride. I have a basket on the back of my bike just for them. So, I put them in, put the safety leash onto their harness and took off. Next thing I knew, Moco was flying off the back... He wasn't having it and bailed. The velcro on his harness gave and it set him free. Luckily he wasn't hurt, just a little stunned.. I put him back in and eventually he got the hang of it and actually enjoyed it. Bailey, of course, loved it. I have tried to take them to dog parks, and for the most part it is OK, until Moco decides to beat up another dog. He really isn't that bad, he just needs some manners... He needs to go to school and I am looking into it. I went back to Montana for a week in June and had a great time. Since I have 2 dogs now, I couldn't take them with me, so I had a dog nanny come and stay with them while I was gone. Yes, a DOG NANNY... no joke, there are people who will come stay at your house and take care of your dog... Sounds crazy, but it is pretty big around here. Back in Montana...7 girls that I went to high school with met in Cour' de Alene, ID and had a reunion weekend. It was a BLAST!!! Hopefully it will be a yearly event. Upon returning to Great Falls, I had some bad news. My good friend Heidi's husband was killed in a motorcross accident. I was glad that I was able to be in town and be there at the hospital for her and am very thankful that I was able to attend the funeral. I think of her every day and my heart goes out to her and her boys. On a lighter note, we are planning a houseboat trip over Labor Day weekend. We rented a houseboat on Lake Berryessa and 12 of us are going and it is going to be a BLAST!!!! I can't wait!! I am sure there will be some stories to tell!!! Peace out, until next time!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lexi
    It is great to hear about your adventures, I agree with your Mom, I check the site often and thought you gave up on it.
    Where is Santa Clara? and what hospital?
    Wendy See

    ReplyDelete